Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Creating a Monster...

SATURDAY 110129

More new folks today and they had a great time!!!  I'm afraid they are going to bring all their friends and the good folks at Collier Gym are going to get mad at us for taking up too much room, making too much noise (especially Donna) and having too much fun...!!!

Rookies WOD (Workout of the Day)
CrazyWife CrossFit Warm up

Donna
Chad
Hether
Karen
Joy
Dan
Chat E.

New guys went through the entire warm up (20 movements) and had fun pushing their bodies in ways they hadn't done in long while.  Pull ups, scorpions and dips anyone...???  Just this little bit was a good workout and everyone left ready for more - did I hear a few people say "addicted already"...???

Great work Rookies...!!!

A-Team WOD
Deadlift technique
Power clean technique

Finally, after two long years of begging and pleading, we finally have proper rubber bumpers and even womens' bars (35-lbs) and kids' bars (15-lbs).  This allowed up to set up on the barbells and lift some appropriate weights from the proper starting position.  This is safer and more efficient and it is always fun to throw some weight around in the gym (and I don't mean bicep curls while balancing on a Bosu Ball...)...!!!

Nickole
Nora
Marlene
An
Mike A.
Nick S.
Jennifer
Neil
LJ
Kenny
Chat E.
Dan

Remember... FAST HIPS!!!  Great work everybody!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great work out! No thanks to my poor form I can barely think about my traps without wincing... No worries though, I know eventually my body will get fed up of all the extra work I'm making it do and fix it. I'm definitely hooked, now it's just a matter of figuring out how much I can finagle my schedule to join you guys on the weekdays. If not I'll definitely be there Saturday!

    - Imran S. "Chat" Chatriwala

    ReplyDelete