Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"I feel like I'm four again..."

WEDNESDAY 090610

Handstands, Handstand push ups and BURPEES...!!!

Today we warmed up and then played with handstands so I could have more time to dream up a workout. Work has been kicking my butt this week so I haven't had my usual time to day dream (or is that nightmare) a good workout by 5:15...

Everyone's handstands looked way better than the last time we did them so we will play with these more often so that we continue to improve. There is just something about being upside down that makes us old people nervous and that is half the battle.

Brian's quote was priceless today while we worked on our forward rolls (executed to safely escape a handstand gone bad...)...

"I feel like I'm four again..."

Since we were running out of time with all the playing around with handstands and HSPUs, we hit a short 6-minute workout that everyone LOVED!!!

As many reps of BURPEES as possible in 6 minutes:

Brian - 135
Ryan - 61
LT Forsyth - "35-ish"
Hannah - "about 15"

And since we have such a hard time getting into shape AND counting at the same time, we will practice these A LOT more often...


CrazyMonkey always gets a few good shots in from his 3-foot tall perspective...


LT Forsyth showing off some much improved HSPU form...


Newcomer Brian "loving" this heat and humidity when compared to the brisk, fresh air in Fort Lewis, Washington...


Yeah... BURPEES...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment