Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trigg's BDay WOD... CrazyMonkey's show!!!

In honor of Trigg's 25th birthday, we put together a special WOD for everyone:

25 air squats
25 sit ups
25 lunges
25 push ups
25 V-ups
25 dips
25 knees to elbows
25 burpees
25 calorie row
25-second handstand hold
25 pull ups

Trigg, Kyeong and Regina tackled this one and there was grumpiness and sweating going on all over the racquetball court. This one's a keeper...


CrazyMonkey was in on the action from the CrossFit Warm Up we do before every workout. He is starting to mimic everything we do... He's looking good here doing the Samson Stretch with Regina...


Here's C.M. doing "push ups" with Kyeong...

Here he gets after a pretty good looking Burpee...

To include the jump at the end... Nice ups CrazyMonkey...
Trigg showing off a pretty nice handstand... If he tried to touch his ears with his shoulders (shrug harder) he would open up that shoulder all the way and his torso would get a little more vertical. Virtuosity is what the gymnasts call the strive for perfection. We are shooting for a 10.0 on all of our workouts, even while the intensity is kicking our butts...


Not to be out done, CrazyMonkey perfects his own handstand...

Here Regina looks perfect in her alternating lunge form. Her head and torso are very upright and her front knee is not out over her toes...


In this lunge, she is starting to fatigue and her "abs" are not holding her torso as upright so she starts to lunge forward rather than straight up and down and her front knee is starting to move past 90 degrees and over her toes which causes a strain in the knee joint...
Despite a killer workout, CrazyMonkey wasn't tired and still wanted to "fight"...
He thinks he has the advantage but I still have him inside my "guard". I won't show him any Combatives tricks until he's already kicking my butt...

They motivated me so much that I thought I would try to nail a one-armed handstand. I couldn't tell exactly where my feet where so I didn't pull it off this time. Had I allowed my feet to rotate more to the right, that left hand would have just floated off the ground and I could have held it up while supporting my weight only on my right.

Accuracy, Balance, Agility and Coordination should be a part of our workout too...

No comments:

Post a Comment