Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

"We are a family here..."

15 April 2009 was my first day doing crossfit and it is awesome. I thought I was in shape. I do distance running, spinning and aerobics. The workout out I did yesterday broke me off something bad. I am sore all over and it feels great. I will be a regular on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. If you really want to be in shape and push yourself to the limit you should come out. CrazyWife and CrazyHusband you are the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!! --Anonymous

We got our first "official" comments about CrossFit Yongsan and they were glowing!!! They were posted to our old "off-Pen" website CrazyWife CrossFit which is who we were before our new military affiliate was approved here in Korea. All that means is that this new CrossFitter was excited enough about our program that after just one workout, that they ended up surfing around our site and trying to figure out what all we had to offer. Pretty cool I'd say...!!!

And what we have to offer is one of the best things about CrossFit. The Community. You.

The comments you could post at the bottom of every post (workout) is one of the ways that we can interact with each other. We can trash talk, congratulate someone's achievements, add anything we want to the experience of working out with other great people. CrossFit attracts the best people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Typically they are driven, focused, professional, and FUN!!! You can find out alot about a person by suffering through a workout with them. Everyone's strengths and weaknesses bubble up to the surface during that shared adversity and it makes you closer to those people around you. This makes us a tight knit community. This makes CrossFit great!!!

How often do you go to your local Globo Gym and plug into your iPod, jump on your "machine" and zone out for the entire workout? I can easily shuffle through an entire workout, shower, smoothie bar visit and back out to the parking lot without saying two words to anyone. Who wants to hang out in that environment?

Randolph said it best last week...

"I love this... we are a family here..."

Amen, brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment