Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Drinking the Kool-Aid

Many CrossFit-haters have likened the attitudes of some CrossFitters to those people who are part of a cult because when someone gets bitten by the CF "bug", they usually can't shut up about fitness, speed, power, explosive hip extension, nutrition, "bad" carbs, etc...

Our latest "convert", has only been to two (2) of our workouts and she has already posted two comments to our website. Her comments motivate me beyond belief and make me want to spread the word even more. Her reaction to even a small dose of the "Kool-Aid" is similar to the stories of all of us who have instantly fallen in love with the punishment (and the RESULTS) that CrossFit regularly dishes out to those who are committed to improving their fitness and health.

A second post in a row for "Anonymous":

17 April 2009 was my first time doing a handstand and believe me I was kind of scared, but with teamwork and motivation I was able to do something I have not tried. If you try the crossfit workout you will know how much intestinal fortitude you have. You have to dig deep to complete the workouts. I am glad I came and plan on continuing.

I highlighted many of the catch-phrases that were in her thoughts. You hear many of these good buzz words when you hear about CrossFit. There are so many good things about it that it's hard to stop extolling the virtues once you get started...

Chief, you motivate me with your enthusiasm which makes me want to tackle my own workouts with more of my own enthusiasm, which will only improve my own workouts and results...

Does anyone see a vicious of motivation and improvements going on here...???

Keep up the good work Chief!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment