Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

CrossFit Community

SATURDAY 100220

We had the largest group show up for a workout that we've had in a long time. It felt like a good CrossFit workout should; lots of shared suffering...


Newcomers Pauletta, Nick and Travis joined up with 'old timers' Henry, Gabriel, Eric, Alex, Steve, LaToya, Nicole, CrazyWife, CrazyHusband, CrazyMonkey, Bernadine and Nekkeya for a nice longish workout.

Workout of the Day (WOD)

180m run (run length of the gym floor 3 times)
Perform decending rep rounds of 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 after each run:
kettlebell swings (20kg/16kg)
wall balls (20lb/14lb)
box jumps (20in/12in)
sit ups
push ups

So it would look something like this:

Run
10 kb swings, 10 wall balls, 10 box jumps, 10 s/u, 10 pu
Run
9 kb swings, 9 wall balls, 9 box jumps, 9 s/u, 9 pu
Run
8 reps...
Run
7 reps...
All the way down to 1 rep of each exercise...

Steve was the first one done at about 28:00 flat. Gabriel was a close second at 28:58 and CrazyHusband was right on his heels with 29:01. Everyone else stopped near the 30-min mark. This one was a smoker...


We couldn't keep CrazyMonkey from joining in on the fun...!!!


Not sure how many laps he made back in forth in the gym but it was tiring just watching him go; pretty good for three years old...!!! And his running form perfectly resembles 'POSE' running too; hmmmm...


Steve tackles the 20-inch box jump. Those smoked my shins good...!!!


It started to look like a lot of standing around waiting for space to exercise but I think everyone was smoked at this point and just sneaking in some breaks...

3 comments:

  1. I did a variation of this 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 with a time of 16:51, this is after I attempted a 32" box jump and mangled my hand...(thanks Steve for double dog daring me!!) So I thought I better take it easy!@ Besides I was told to go sit down, and I didn't not want to work out :) Let's just say by the end of the workout my hand was on fire and my foot/toe was ready to fall off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought it was 10 reps each but only did 5 rounds

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi all,
    man i miss saturday mornings with crossfit yongsan. i'm adding this wod to the pt plan. glad to see the group growing. jim

    ReplyDelete