Pages

Friday, February 05, 2010

30-Day Paleo Challenge - DAY FIVE

FRIDAY 100205

Was starving all morning after a quick protein shake for breakfast. I think the 6am deadlifts and tabata sprints had me extra out of gas. Made up for it at lunchtime at the Korea BBQ Buffet. Three rather large plates of meat put everyone's little meals to shame...

The afternoon brought the regularly scheduled Friday "Pepsi" headache that I usually feed with a toddy when I get home from work. Not today. I'm going to make it to my weekend cheat if it kills me.

Which brings me to the idea of experiencing withdrawls whenever we cut sugars and starchy carbs out of out diets. Similar to the withdrawls from illegal drugs, we feel like crap and generally rundown. Then why is it so hard for people to realize that those things are truly bad for us. Just like an addiction to alcohol or drugs, or bodies become addicted to that insulin surge brought on by too many high-glycemic carbs. Think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment