Pages

Friday, March 06, 2009

Only 11 Minutes

Since none of the regulars showed up I started soliciting some of the
gym rats - I had one taker! Dr. Taye - brand new to CrossFit (actually
had never heard of CF), he had a great time with some one on one
coaching -besides how hard could 20 minutes be? After the warm up
here's what his first WOD looked like...

1 Pullup
2 Pushups
3 Squats
After 10 rounds in less than 5 minutes we upped the ante...

5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats
3 rounds later Dr. Taye was spent (7:05)

When I asked if he was all done for the evening he made the mistake of
telling me he was going to "jog on the treadmill for a little while
(another 20 min)" - that didn't seem like a good end to a first timers
workout so we hit the treadmill together "Tabata Style"

10% incline with speed ranging from 7.0-8.0 -- 20 sec on 20 sec off
(4:25)

Total workout time: 11:30 and my favorite quote of the evening...

"I thought I was in shape!"

Great job Dr. Taye - hope to see you again!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment