Pages

Monday, August 08, 2011

The If, When, Why, and How You Should Scale

For those of you that don't have a CrossFit Journal subscription, I was able to pull this informative article in .pdf format from CrossFit Smyrna. Here's great quote:
"If the WOD calls for 30 clean and jerks at 155 pounds, it's clearly a met-con WOD. If you turn the workout into 30 single reps with a minute rest between them, you've missed the point."  (I'm talking to you Henry and your double unders)

I can't emphasize enough that your ability to successfully scale the workouts to your skill level WILL significantly increase your work capacity. One of my favorite coaches always says, "The most common variable in positive adaptation in intensity".  It's a strident belief that has served me well in 3 years of crossfit.

This article goes a long way in explaining if, why, when, and how you should scale.

Enjoy! -KenCFY

http://www.crossfitsmyrna.com/pdfs/CFJ_CleaWeiss_Scaling.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment